Welcome to Lights Out Games, a producer of innovative, action-packed audio games.
- Onslaught: Fast-paced, audio-only Asteroids-like shooter.
- Godot-Accessibility: A screen reader for the Godot game engine.
- Godot-TTS: Text-to-speech for the Godot engine.
I’m sure some non-English language has a word for the concept of progress, even if it seems like you’ve taken 8 steps backwards. If so, that word would describe this week’s development rather nicely.
This week saw the introduction of a shift away from a single global reverb, to an underlying audio system that tweaks sound based on properties of the world.
This site has been quiet, for which I sincerely apologize. I have begun work on a new game, however, and am committing to post regular news on its development. To that end, I bring you…
After roughly a year of development, and years of engine work, I’m proud to announce the release of Onslaught.
Frag asteroids and blast aliens in this fast-paced audio-only space shooter inspired by the classics. Onslaught is specifically for visually-impaired players, or for gamers seeking a fresh challenge.
- Take on infinite levels of asteroids and aliens using only your ears to fly and shoot.
- Play with headphones or in full surround sound.
- Connect a controller for faster play and vibration feedback.
- Use the embedded screen reader for multi-platform accessibility.
- With support for Windows, Linux, and macOS, enjoy the same gameplay experience on more platforms than many other accessible games.
Purchase the game here, or read on for more details!
No, Lights Out Games isn’t dead. Far from it, in fact.
Over the past week, I’ve made solid progress on implementing accessibility into the Godot game engine. Here’s what I’ve achieved so far.
Hello! This will hopefully be the first of many updates on my progress building Lights Out Games, an audio game development studio.